At Xook, we are building a new food distribution model using a fleet of fully cloud-controlled robots. We believe in a future where every person could have freshly made food tailored to their personalized taste whenever they want and are committed to making it a reality using digital recipes, IoT, and robotics.
As an organization, we strive to build a culture that encourages people to take ownership of areas, constantly innovate, raise concerns openly, be open to feedback, and learn from mistakes. As an engineer joining the startup during its early stages, you would get to work closely with the founders who've been part of the management teams of companies like Curefit, Ola, Inmobi, Livspace, etc., and work on a variety of problems across the stack
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and develop a new robotic product by working closely with electronics engineers, and manufacturing vendors for prototype development
- Understand on the ground problems and scope for improvement by making deployment site visits, and by working closely with the operations and marketing teams.
- Test, calibrate, and refine the product to make it mature and stable.
- 3-10 years of experience designing components or products from scratch in an agile and iterative engineering environment
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Aeronautics, Manufacturing, or related engineering fields.
- Strong understanding of fluid mechanics.
- Proficient with engineering drawing (GD&T, Welding Symbols, etc.)
- Proficient with 3D modeling software like Catia / Solidworks (sheet metal design, part design, assembly and simulation, drafting).
- Thorough knowledge of the different manufacturing techniques that could be used to make a design, and be able to iterate the design keeping in mind the available manufacturing capabilities.
- Experience building products that involve machining, sheet metal operations, laser cutting, bending, welding, and other metal-based manufacturing-related techniques.
- Working knowledge of different kinds of motors and load-bearing capabilities, to be able to design components keeping the power and torque requirements in mind.
Good to have Skills
- Masters in relevant engineering fields
- Working knowledge of robotic arms, and challenges related to precision movement
- Experience developing mold-based and glass-based products
- Experience creating manufacturing drawings and working with manufacturers get products built while understanding their capabilities
- Familiar with AutoCAD, 3D printing software such as Ultimaker Cura
- SolidWorks / Catia v5
- Autocad 2017+ / FreeCAD
- Ultimaker Cura / any 3D printing software
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying